I LOVE being a leader with Avon! I LOVE sharing what has worked for me in my business and helping other representatives be successful too. This last year, I’ve been able to successfully help 94 new team members start their business and I was noticing common mistakes that seemed to happen. Here are my top 6 Mistakes New Reps Avon Make.
- You’ve got to be COMMITTED! Avon is not a get rich, quick business. You need to commit to 3-6 months of doing the daily practices to really see the results. It’s easy to earn a couple hundred dollars a month with Avon, but you first will need to build your customer base. If you don’t earn what you want in your first few campaigns, KEEP TRYING! Don’t give up! I see New Avon Reps give up WAY too easily. Keep working on your goals and building your customer base. You’ll get there.. as long as you stay committed!
- Learn to roll with the punches! Whether you get frustrated because the online ordering system is having difficulties or you’re discouraged because a customer decided they didn’t want something after they ordered, learn to get right back up! No matter what company you decide to partner with, or however you decide to build your business, you will encounter challenges.
- Order more than 10 brochures! To get new customers, you’ll need brochures. To get more sales, you’ll need brochures. When you hand out 10 brochures, you can expect to get a few orders… but if you’re in this business to make money, you’ll need more than 10 brochures!
- Be consistent! To build your customer base and sales, your potential customers need to see that you are serious about your business and providing them great customer service. You do that by building their trust that you’re going to continue providing them Avon service. Every campaign, deliver brochures and follow up with your customers. EVERY CAMPAIGN!
- Keep your vision out in front of you! It’s easy to forget why you’re doing what you’re doing. This business can be challenging when you aren’t clear on why you’re working hard. I like to print out a goal that I’d like to achieve and look at it every day! For example, one awesome team member wants to buy a new pair of shoes. She saved a photo of the shoes and has it as a screen saver on her phone. Every time she opens her phone, she sees the pair of shoes she wants. This helps reinforce why she’s handing out her brochures, why she’s following up with her customers and why she continues to work her business.
- Don’t stock up on inventory and deals! It’s so easy to want to grab all the new products, samples and stock up on what you think will sell. You can quickly (and easily) get in over your head and owe Avon money. If you want to purchase your own products, write yourself out a receipt and keep track of how much you’re spending. Your earnings can easily disappear when you’re buying your own products and then you’ll think you aren’t making any money!
I hope you find this helpful and I’d love to help you with your Avon business!
- Comment below: What mistakes have you made when starting your Avon business? Any advice for New Reps?
- Ready to start earning with an Avon business? Start Today for as low as $25!
- FAQ about selling Avon
- SHOP NOW: www.YourAvon.com/JZUMBUSCH Use Avon Coupon Code: WELCOME10 for 10% off all orders. One time user only.
SHOP Avon Online: https://jzumbusch.avonrepresentative.com/