10 Facts About Avon You Don’t Know!
Here is my 10 Facts About Avon You Don’t Know! Many of the people I meet out in the world have an Avon story. I have lost count of how many times I have told people what I do and they respond with something like “My mom used to sell Avon!” It actually just happened to my husband while he was on a computer repair job. With so many people’s lives having been impacted by Avon there is still a lot people don’t know.
Check out my list of 10 Facts About Avon You Don’t Know! Comment Below if one of these surprised you. Bonus points to those who actually did know some of these!
- Avon has been around for 132 years! Since 1886, Avon offered women the rare opportunity to earn their own money 34 years before women in the U.S. won the right to vote and 11 years before Aspirin was invented!
- Avon has 90% brand recognition around the world! This means that 9 out of 10 people know WHO Avon is and WHAT we do! And don’t be fooled in thinking that we are your Grandma’s Avon! We have new products that come out every 2 weeks and are on trend! A lot of people are surprised at our selection of fashion, shoes and home decor. Plus, we now have a health and wellness line!
- Avon was started by a man! David H. McConnell was a was a traveling book salesperson, and offered beauty products as perk. He soon realized customers were more interested in the free perfume samples than the books, and that many of them stayed at home while their husbands went off to work. McConnell mixed the company’s first fragrances himself, and recruited a team of women to be Sales Representatives. It was an inspired idea: women had a passion for his products and loved networking with other women, so it turned out to be a brilliant business model, which works just as well today.
- Avon was the first beauty company to launch an e-commerce site in 1996! And they are one of the most talked about Beauty Brands on social media.
- All Avon jewelry is nickel free! In fact, Avon does chemical testing to ensure no nickel has been used in the plating and overlay. All of our jewelry is hypoallergenic.
- AVON is one of the largest direct sellers, and a leading global beauty company! Avon Sells 4 Lipsticks and 2 mascaras every second around the world! That’s a lot of lipstick!
- First to create AHA, Avon revolutionized the world of skincare with the launch of its ANEW brand. Consistently first to market with skincare breakthroughs, ANEW pioneers transformative, anti-aging technology to help women look years younger. It was the first mass skincare product to contain Alpha Hydroxy Acid anti-aging technology.
- Avon has more than 1,000 patents granted and pending worldwide. Every year, Avon creates and tests over 1,000 products AND has 200+ scientists and technicians that work on every breakthrough at our Skincare Institute. 156 Anew Skincare products sold each minute globally in 2014
- In the last 5 years, Avon has created 1,700 fragrance products globally. Isn’t that amazing?
- Avon is a leader in funding women’s causes across the globe in more than 50 countries. More than $1 BILLION dollars has been donated to end domestic and gender violence and end breast cancer. In fact, they’ve delivered meals and given transportation to appointments for women when they’re going through treatment. It is so amazing to stand with a company that cares and supports women.
Bonus Fact: You can start your own business and become a CEO for only $25!
What do you think of my list of 10 Facts About Avon You May Not Know? Comment Below!