Why Mornings? I’ve heard that successful people get up early in the morning. In fact, some as early as 4:30am… and well, I want to be successful too!
5 AM Comes Early
But when my alarm goes off at 5am, I ONLY want to go back to sleep, stay in bed and not get up until I absolutely have to. Just me?
But there is a cost to pay for sleeping in! Anxiety, non-productivity, a sense of loss of control and my introverted nature really needs ALONE time. No talking. Nothing to drain my already empty energy bank.
If you’ve been around me anytime in the last few years, you’ll know that I LOVE my morning quiet time. It’s often my favorite part of the day.
You’ll start the day with excitement instead of dread. You will be more focused all day. You’ll more in control of your emotions. You’ll have a confidence boost because you’ve already done a really hard thing by getting out of bed!
If You’re Looking to Upgrade Your Mornings
Here’s a few tricks that I’ve implemented to help me get my butt out of bed in the mornings:
- Set alarm in another room. Use your Alexa/Echo dot as an alarm.
- Do something pleasurable first thing. Light a candle, have a hot cup of coffee with delicious creamer. Read a book. Do something you enjoy.
- Reward yourself to get the habit established. When you get up early 5 days in a row, buy a new candle, a new book or even a pair of shoes!
- Do not allow yourself to fall into the limiting belief that sleeping more will somehow improve your life.
- Read the book “The Miracle Morning” by Hal Elrod. It has changed my life!
- Have a few nighttime affirmations to help you anticipate the morning with positive expectation and excitement (great nighttime affirmations in The Miracle Morning Book)
- Lastly, be consistent even on the weekends. (Sundays are my sleep in day!)
Start Early Achieve Goals
Having a morning routine significantly increases the likelihood that I will achieve my goals this week, this month, this year and for the rest of my life. And because of that, I’m sticking to my morning routine!
Comment below: Are you an early bird or a night owl?🦉
- Hang out with me on Instagram @makeupmavenjessica #LifeOfTheAvonLady
- Ready to start earning with an Avon business? Join Avon for FREE! Limited time offer! Here’s How to Join Avon for Free!
- FAQ about selling Avon
- FACEBOOK: Jessica Zumbusch (my personal page)
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!